Monday, September 5, 2011

Shirt Tale #1: Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum

Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, as I've said earlier, is an arcade/interactive museum, with everything from old Chuck E. Cheese anamatronics to historical movie viewers.  And it's proprietor, Marvin Yagoa, still empties the ticket-takers himself, despite many years of flourishing business.


It's this man I met on my first outing wearing 'The Shirt'.


It was just as we were leaving the establishment that I stopped to talk to him: Marvin had known my father in the past (sadly, my father passed away two years ago), and I wanted to see if he still remembered him.


"What's your shirt say? What does that mean?"  He cut in.


I explained that I was Jewish on my father's side, that I played Dungeons and Dragons, and that I supported gay rights.


"See that new machine?"  He pointed to a tall doll wearing a wedding dress.  "That's my new wedding machine.  It'll marry anyone, man and man, it doesn't matter."


I left, beaming.  Chalk Marvin  up as a great man with a great establishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment